Route Delivery Drivers Needed
The Route Delivery Driver ensures the timely delivery of quality artisan fresh bread, buns, and various bakery products to predetermined customers on specific routes to retailers throughout theservice area. He/she This position reviews orders before delivery, load/unload delivery trucks, provides exceptional customer service to the client base and works typically 5 days/8-12 hours per day.
- Obtain orders from bakery outlet for delivery and pick-up activities
- Safely drive and load/unload an assigned company route truck
- Check to see destination and customer information, and ensure that a proper route plan is charted out
- Map routes using GPS and standard maps when necessary. Routes are established and determined.
- Pick up orders from the bakery outlet, and place them carefully inside assigned delivery trucks. Ensure that items are appropriately stacked and secured inside the delivery vehicle
- Maintain proper knowledge of loaded products
- Navigate the way to destinations, following rules and regulations of traffic, and ensure that no violations are made
- Ascertain that all deliveries are made in a timely and accurate manner, to the correct address
- Handle or notify managers of any foreseen issues.
- Communicate with managers any product or customer issues. Assist supervisor in finding solutions finding solutions to customer emergencies
- Introduce self to customers and provide them with information on deliveries
- Obtain receipts and payments, counting them accurately
- Fill in pertinent information such as mileage and delivery time in company provided logbooks
- Provide backend with details on completed deliveries, regularly.
- Reconcile daily deposit and drop-in safe at the end of every shift
- Notify fleet manager of any maintenance issues that arise while driving assigned vehicle
- Ascertain that the equipment and interior of the allocated delivery vehicle are kept
- Notify managers of potential new customers on the route
- Accurately complete DOT log and submit required documentation and paperwork
- A high school diploma or GED equivalents
- Must have a valid chauffers license and an acceptable driving record Requirements
- Must possess excellent driving and navigation skills
- Knowledge of local and interstate routes
- Must have experience of driving delivery vans
- Must possess excellent communication and organization skills
- Must be professional, polite, and courteous, as a driver has to deal with many customers daily.
- Must be able to get along with people from different cultural backgrounds and to assume a leadership role
- Must be able to work independently of direct supervision
- Must maintain a clean, professional appearance
- Route flexibility, Sales, grocery or driving experience with DSD is preferred.
- Must be able to work early hours and evening loading trucks
- Standard work schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, however the schedule can vary during holiday weeks
- Must follow all DOT regulations
- Must pass a DOT physical
- The work can be physically demanding with repetitive lifting/carrying of up to 50 pounds and pushing/pulling up to 100 pounds or more
- Physical requirements include the ability to repeatedly lift 60 pounds, maneuver in/out of the vehicle,and work outdoors in extreme weather conditions that ranges from 40-110 degrees. Requires standing, twisting, walking, repetitive wrist movement and standing for duration of shift. Also must beable to withstand strong food odors, exposure to food allergens, dust, and noise.
Michigan Bread crumb is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a highly competitive hourly rate and a wide variety of employee benefits including 401k retirement. Only qualified applicants will be considered for this position. Please apply via email.