MichiganBread.com is a fast growing family owned and operated manufacturer and distributor of a wide variety of high-quality baked goods. We specialize in artisan breads, rolls and gourmet buns. Our handcrafted products are formulated with natural starter and polish, using only untreated and unbleached flour. Time is our best ingredient. Most products naturally ferment between 4 and 24 hours before baking in our hot oil ovens. Freshly baked service is available six days per week in Southeastern Michigan. Frozen programs are available through our regional and national distribution partners. We are a stable and fast-growing company
operating in Taylor, Michigan.
We are currently seeking an oven operator at our bakery plant. This position takes the formed bread dough from the proof box and puts it in the ovens. From there, they make great care to ensure the bread is baking at just the right temperature. Our Oven Operators take great care and detail to perfection. Their job is fast-paced and can be physically demanding. You will work with driven people who are focused on delivering a quality bread product for our customers.
Oven Operator Responsibilities
Follow department standards to bake products to their appropriate finished state, using the right oven temperature and baking time.
- Oversee the proofing time of bread products.
- Remove bread from pans promptly and return pans/carts to appropriate areas.
- Communicate with supervisors if there are problems with dough, oven or other
issues affecting the quality of the bread product.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and rules.
- Minimum of 1-year baking experience preferred but not required
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual
- Must be able to follow standard safety procedures
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check
- Must be able to function in a fluctuating environment
Michigan Bread crumb is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a highly competitive hourly rate and a wide variety of employee benefits including 401k retirement. Only qualified applicants will be considered for this position. Please apply via email.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time