We are currently seeking a Night Sanitation Workers at our facility. Being part of the sanitation team involves working in a fast-paced environment. The Sanitation Worker cleans and sanitizes all areas and equipment in the plant in compliance with company policy and procedures related to proper sanitation, GMP and Safety requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure sanitation standard operating procedures, including a master cleaning schedule, are followed
- Assist with training of new employees to facilitate their understanding of the sanitation procedures
- Maintain cleaning materials and processes on a daily basis to maximize sanitation efficiency
- Maintain a ‘lean manufacturing’ environment that achieves results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and cost on a daily basis
- Recommends methods for improvement in equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions
- Communicates maintenance needs to Sanitation Supervisor and/or Sanitation Crew leader
- Follow policies, procedures and GMP’s
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of production equipment, production areas, and office areas in accordance with Company, regulatory agency quality, and food safety standards
- Efficiently disassemble and assemble production equipment for proper cleaning while following all safety procedures of the Company
- Assure departmental records are complete, accurate and legible
- Assure lock out/tag out procedures are followed
- Assure all equipment is accurately re-assembled and ready for production
- Adhere to all GMP guidelines in the performance of the job and follows rules and regulations to ensure food safety and quality
- Properly mix and use chemicals used for cleaning using safe handling practices
- Report any malfunction, missing or broken part to Sanitation Supervisor and/or team lead no later than the end of shift to assure prompt repair or replacement
- Effectively operate all sanitation equipment and materials
- Meet daily sanitation needs within the allotted time
- Restock and replenish supplies as needed
- Assist with other assigned Bakery functions
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of sanitation and food manufacturing work experience preferred but not required
- Must have the ability to operate all equipment involved in the sanitation parameters of the shift in their area of responsibility
- Must have the ability to move quickly and cover a large area
- Must have the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, personalities, departments and hours
- Must be able to follow all safety procedures and GMP’s
- Must have a thorough knowledge of machine set-up
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize time and meet quality expectations
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to communicate openly and freely
- Must be able to meet daily as well as weekly goals
- Must have excellent judgment and decision making ability
- Ability to work with and through other people to accomplish sanitation demands, adapt to changing circumstances, personalities and hours
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, stand, walk, bend, twist, climb, lift and pull repetitively
- Exposure to temperature and noise extremes and hot items
- Must have the ability to remain flexible in scheduling to cover weekends, holidays and a 7-day a week operation
- Must be highly motivated, able to work independently and possess a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Must be willing to take on additional responsibilities and demonstrate a positive work attitude
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Duties may require the use of equipment in a machine shop, small portable equipment, and manual tools.
This position is scheduled to work on a shift basis or may also be scheduled to work all shifts. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee will need to be able to work safely in elevated areas (ceiling, ducts, top of coolers and freezers, etc.) and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, strong aromas of spices, dust, powders, or airborne particles, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occupational hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as occasionally working on ladders, exposure to cleaning chemicals, working on wet floors, long hours on concrete floors.
Equipment, Machines and Software
The following machine, equipment, and tools may be used, which depends on the assignment: commercial floor cleaning machine, scrubber and buffer, steam cleaners, pressurized air hoses, carpet and vacuum and an assortment of hand-held cleaning tools.
Michigan Bread crumb is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a highly competitive hourly rate and a wide variety of employee benefits including 401k retirement. Only qualified applicants will be considered for this position. Please apply via email.
Job Types: The position is full time, five days a week with weekend shiftsz